Friday, March 14, 2008

Photography and Women....

Thought I would walk thru a field of land mines on Friday....LOL

As a professional photographer and videographer, I have observed that photography and women coexist in a love / hate relationship.  From my perspective, I strive to make EVERY woman I photograph as gorgeous as I can through lighting, posing, clothing, makeup, hair styling and yes, even a bit of Photoshopping....BUT...here is the real question...

How much photoshopping is too much ? and how do you know ?   and how do you handle the psyche of a woman when you ask these questions ?  I mean....I try to talk to each subject in a professional manner but it is difficult for many women to talk about their imperfections, even from a professional standpoint...a sort of denial I suppose... and obviously I don't want to offend them and I don't want to make them look plastic either (unless they happen to want that)

But I am getting to where I am offering two types of retouching...the basic which includes just the basic wrinkles, etc....and the extensive which includes everything all the way to actual reshaping, body enhancements, etc....  I think I will post a before and after set of photos on here if I can get someone to let me do it...ha ha....

Mo

2 comments:

Liquid said...

I'm in!

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Being old and full of years, child birth obviously the culprit ... I like to look like myself. But a little help with the lighting to soften the anger on my face from all that brought me to this point will help the person I give the photo to.

Also, most women are already too plastic, and need to be painted to look human.

In the end, you have to ask a person -- do you want fantasy, or do you want reality. Most women desire something in-between the two. I think you can handle it, as you have talent and you listen ... that's all it takes to turn out a wonderful piece of photo art, no matter how you have kissed it to make it better.